Sunday, July 3, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to my little blog! I know that most of you are here from Jenna's blog and are part of her "2nd Annual Commenting Challenge". I'm so excited to have visitors because no one ever reads my blog. It may help if I actually updated the blog once in a while. Also, I love reading other blogs - yes, I waste too much time doing this. Ha ha.

Since most of you do not know me, I thought I'd introduce myself.
My name is Jessica and I live in Northern VA. I am from North Carolina and lived there until I was 22 years old! I met my husband in college and we married 2 months after I graduated. On July 16th we will celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary. Time really does fly! We have two spoiled rotten dogs- Patsy (a Black and Tan Coonhound) and Jacob (a Beagle). They are both rescue dogs from our local animal shelter.

I am a 2nd grade teacher and it really is my dream job. I can't imagine doing anything else. I love to read! My favorite authors are Maurice Sendak, Peggy & Herman Parish, and James Patterson. I love books and even studied Reading & Literacy in Graduate School. One day maybe I'll become a Reading Specialist. I am very girly! I love makeup, hair stuff, jewelry, shopping, purses, and PINK! I was sort of a tomboy growing up so I can't believe that I became a girly girl.

Other things that I love:
*Water-- beach, pool, boating. My parents have a sailboat and it is wonderful to go out on the water and relax. It is so peaceful. If you have never been, go and you'll love it.
*My entire family-- I have a huge family and each person is so special to me
*My friends-- I have the best friends in the world. They're the kind that have to be your friends because they know too much :-),
*Traveling-- In 2 weeks I'm going to Miami and I can't wait! One day I'd love to go to Hawaii. I need to get over my fear of flying at some point I guess.
*North Carolina BBQ and Sweet Tea-- Neither of which you can get in Northern VA. :-(
*Holidays- Happy 4th of July by the way!

I could add so much more to this post but I know there are other blogs you'd like to visit. Feel free to ask any questions and leave comments. I love comments!

Thank you for stopping by!

Click here to go back to Jenna's blog to visit other blogs.

29 comments:

Kristin said...

Stopping by from Jenna's Journey! I'm from SC and LOVE sweet tea!! I'm also a teacher (1st grade). Have a wonderful 4th!!

Lana said...

Stopping by from Jenna's Journey! I used to teach 2nd grade before moving schools and position. I loved it! :) Lana

Anonymous said...

Stopping by from Jenna's Journey. I taught in Loudoun County,VA to 20 years before moving the South Carolina. We have great sweet tea here.

Anonymous said...

Stopping by from Jenna's Journey. I taught in Loudoun County,VA to 20 years before moving the South Carolina. We have great sweet tea here.

the workaholic momma said...

Stopping by from Jennas!! I live in Va Beach, VA and love everything water too!!! I hope you had a wonderful 4th of July:)

~she~ said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. You're right...we do have a lot in common! I live up north so we don't have sweet tea here either. But I'm southern at heart so I make a gallon every day. Unfortunately, I'm a bit addicted to it and I'm trying to wean myself off. It flows through my veins! I hope you had a happy 4th! I look forward to hearing more from you in the future!

Jackie Koll said...

Have you read James Patterson's latest book - he was on one of the morning shows recently talking about it. He has a website called ReadKiddoRead.com that lists books for kids by ages. (Stopping by from Jenna's Journey)

Jordan said...

It was great getting to know you! :-)

If you click on the outfit I made, it will take you to Polyvore's site and will tell you where you can get everything! Most of it is from Old Navy though .. cheap & cute! ;)

the nichols' family said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love "meeting" fellow teachers! :) There are SO many great blogs out there with wonderful ideas for the school year! :)

pleasepassthetestosterone said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I always love it when I hear a teacher say that they love their job. Your job truly is so important and you can make such an impact on so many children. I am sure you are awesome at what you do! So glad that I found your blog!

KM said...

Stopping by from Jenna's!

You have such a cute blog. Love the colors! Great idea to do an introdution post. I too read more blogs than update mine at times.

~KM

Melissa said...

You seem like a fun girl and a teacher I think teachers have the best and hardest job all in one. I am stopping by from Jenna's Comment Challenge! Have a great day!

Brittany said...

Such a cute blog. Thanks for visiting mine. I do love pininterest, but it is a time sucker sometimes. Email me if you need an invite, it is faster. thompson.brittany@gmail.com

Thanks so much!

Brittany
brittanyanddenver.blogspot.com

emily said...

It's nice to meet you!

Have a blast in Miami! I'm jealous!!

Merrill said...

Greetings from another 2nd grade teacher. I'm in NC. I've taught everything from K to 4th grade over 17 years, but 2nd is by far my favorite!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Stopping by from Jenna's. I'm write that with you on the love of the water!!! Couldn't agree more :)

Laurin said...

I'm stopping by from Jenna's Journey... I'm a book lover too. Currently, I've been reading novels by Stuart Woods, particualry his Stone Barrington novels. Check them out!

Jenna said...

Thanks so much for participating in the challenge! And I am a HUGE sweet tea fan! I may have a slight addiction to the stuff!

Too Much Good said...

Just popped over from Jenna's I live in NC and love me some barbecue, but sadly I am an unsweet tea girl.

Hillary said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment! Love you blog, it's super cute!

Hope ya'll have a great weekend!

xoxox

Sharla said...

I'm popping by from Jenna's comment challenge. This is my first year participating and I'm having lots of fun with it so far!

Your blog is really cute (love the pink!) and it was neat to read more about you.

Tamika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tamika said...

:) My eldest son is going into Grade 2! :) I love that age - old enough to have their own 'attitude' but young enough to mold! :)

Jodi said...

I went to college in NC and I LOVE sweet tea!!

Jennifer said...

I absolutely love your blog design!!
I used to teach kindergarten until I decided to stay home with our baby!

Cory said...

Stopping in from Jenna's. No one reads my blog either, usually. Ha! So stuff like this is fun. I also love sweet tea, and BBQ, however I am not from the south, but I wish I lived there. :)Enjoy the rest of your weekend. :)

Jessica said...

Stopping in from Jenna's. Cute blog! I love all things water related as well, and most weekends you can find me on the lake or at the beach.

The Lovely One said...

You have such a cute blog-- you should post on it more often!

Jessica said...

Just found out we're paired up for the Christmas Exchange!! Just wanted to drop by and say hi. :D